Marilyn Reynes


That is such a silly name, I thought, but catchy at the same time. I can't help but to laugh out loud but managed to control my self as I don't want to wake everybody who's been in their deepest sleep (it was the wee hours, you know).

On Valentines day, I was really bored. I stayed home and waited for 7o'clock PM for Ralph Jhonel. So I found a way to chase boredom away, I made my self a doll. I am used of making my own dolls, but they're no ordinary dolls by the way, I love making voodoo dolls. But this particular event, as it was Valentines day, I decided I'm not making any creepy voodoo dolls. So I made one from natural materials instead. It's head is a dried-out betel nut fruit and the body's made from mango tree branches. It has a hair that's reminiscent of Emily the Strange because of it's bangs. It's arms are long, even longer than it's body. And it's legs are short.

I told Ralph Jhonel about the doll, and asked him to give it a name. It was almost 3 in the morning when he finally came up with a name, Marilyn, form Marilyn Manson. I doubt about the name, "What if she got mistaken for a boy?".

"So let's just call her Marilyn Reynes instead!" he finally said after a long while. I really had a good laugh when he told me that, but found it really cute. I realized how cute Ralph Jhonel can be. I really missed it talking to him like that. Now that we're talking again, I know that the thing that happened between the two us had already patched itself up. We're friends again, there's no need for saying it at all. The mere fact that Ralph Jhonel talks to me again simply proves that the off-season is over. He's finally back to his old self. And I'm glad about it.

Three weeks of giving each other the cold shoulder was really crucial. Now that we're friends again, I'm going to take care of this friendship with all the best that I can. I promised him not to be too demanding again, and I'll do that for certain. Because I don't want to jeopardize this friendship again. I'm really going to kill my self if that happens once more.

To say "Good morning!" to Marilyn Reynes, or Em-em, is what I do first thing in the morning. She so far never fails to make me smile each time I'm going to see her. Maybe because she reminds me of the new friendship Ralph Jhonel and I started. She's like a trophy I won after a hard challenge. The challenge I went through in the last three weeks. Now that it's over, this trophy, or Em-em as what we call her, is going to be a reminder for me that I should take care of this friendship with Ralph Jhonel. For everytime I'm going to see Em-em, I'm going to be reminded to be thankful to God that Ralph Jhonel came back to my life. And as long as I live, I'm going to keep this doll with me. The same way I'm going to keep Ralph Jhonel in my heart forever.

0 responses: