A Tribute to a Short-Term Friendship


So there we were, we stared at each other's faces in silence for what felt like millenniums. Motionless, I stared in your eyes and I guess you were also staring in mine. And even without saying a word, I knew right then and there what you were struggling to say. Perhaps your thoughts were reflected in your eyes that made it obvious as if they were written there. I felt hot in the eyes and without a warning, tears started to fill-in, streamed down my face and they won't come to a halt. "What now?" I said for the millionth time, this time with a fake smile, yet you didn't answered. I thought I saw you cried but you bowed your head and didn't show your face again. I waited. Crying. Frustrated. Hoping. Just a single word is all I was asking, any word would've done. But the answer was clear. Truth hurts. Reality bites. You wanted me to go.

I wanted to beg, but there's no sense at all. Three months, I know, is enough. I learned a lot of things from you and I hope you learned from me as well.

I only hope those
origami's actually work, so that I won't forget about you and you won't forget me too.

I may not be the perfect friend for you, at least I tried to be.

Thanks for making me happy in the last three months. I will never forget you in my life.

I'm going to miss the way I call you, that name a lot of people called you too and made me jealous.

I want you to know that I'm glad you liked my gifts, though I got hurt when you misplaced the first
origami.

I'm really sorry I didn't realized you wouldn't like that bicycle sticker, but you still sticked it on your school ID so thanks anyway.

I know I'll always have a good laugh every time I'll remember that foot-rag I washed myself for you.

I'm going to miss calling you on your mobile, that's my favorite part of the last three months.

Thanks for telling me the truth. I mean, you didn't actually told me a thing, at least you made me feel.

Thanks for accepting the
Shemagh I gave you, I want you to wear it sometimes but it's really up to you.

Thanks for listening while I spill my heart out that night. Thanks for understanding the words I said.

Thanks for keeping your mouth shut, it could be worse if you talked and lied.

Maybe it was just my imagination but I felt your hand tried to hold me when I turned away, I'm sorry I didn't looked back.

And Photskie, for the last time, thanks for everything.

0 responses: