A Falling Star Is A Wishing Star




Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.



I used to believe that wishing upon a star makes wishes come true. I wait for the first star every night in my childhood to make a wish on it. I even recite the poem "Star Light, Star Bright" before I make a wish. But now that I'm older, I seldom do it. I even forgot when was the last time I did wish on a star. Maybe it was very long ago. And I did it again last night.

I talked to Marnel on my mobile last night. I was really overjoyed. It was long since the last time we talked. He was telling me something while I was staring blankly up ahead the space when a falling star suddenly appeared. It was beautiful, as if I was just dreaming. It was a small ball of light that falls to the South, leaving some glitters on it's wake. I told Marnel what I saw, and he told me to make a wish. So I did.

I closed my eyes. I wished I could have Marnel with me. That I could be someone special for him. I opened my eyes and smiled. Marnel's voice from the line broke into my reverie.

"Tues!", he said. My smile grew wider. I realized, I just had my wishes come true.

0 responses: