Dear Mr. Copperfield, I Miss You So Much

“Come one, come all!” the announcer’s voice called
And people crowded up, from young ones to old
Everybody sits in silence, nobody said a word
All eyes were on the stage as the curtains rolled

Out of the dim lights you appeared, I met you at last
I don’t believe in magic, just came to see if I must
You started the show and my heart beats fast
I knew it was love not a mania nor lust

I fell in love in an instant, and it’s as if by some spell
But my heart is no liar; only truth is what it tells
No tricks has ever done, it just so happened that I fell
But this heart you broke to pieces, like a brittle piece of shell

Soon the grand finale came, you were about to disappear
I cried for there’s nothing I can do to keep you near
The box where you entered closed, made me shiver with great fear
For I know you’re no longer there, and you’ll never ever appear

Were you really within my reach or were you just an illusion?
Is there any hocus-pocus to perform to get you back within my vision?
Should I sell my soul to demons in exchange for my ambition?
That one day you’ll be mine for eternity and I’ll never live in desolation

0 responses: