Tuesday Sucgang for MACCS President


Yesterday, I was talking to some MACCS people through one of the many proposed org-shirt's photo comments and I joked, "Tuesday for president!". That was just a joke, OK. But really, sometimes, jokes are half-meant. I remembered how badly I wanted to run for MACCS presidency, and how badly hurt I felt that I wasn't given a chance to pursue that dream.

I was last term's freshmen representative and I knew I want to serve by heart. By the time the school year came to an end, I made up my mind. I was so equipped with lots of plans and dreams for my dear org. Needless to say, I was a hundred -- if not a thousand -- percent ready to run. And I was having good vibes about it.

And then the new school year started. Man, was I so excited. I started listing in a mental note my prospect party list members and to which position they should fall into. It was quite an easy and exciting task to pick random people within the MACCS community and decide on which's which and who's who. God knows I wasn't being biased and judgmental picking names from the awful lot in my list. And after what felt like milleniums, I managed and came up with the best party list MACCS could've ever known and voted for. But things did not go my way. Matter of fact, i loathed every minute of the elections. From the filing of COC's to the declaration of new officers.

The last thing I ever wanted to talk about was MACCS. I was totally hurt when they did not bother asking me if I wanted to run or whatever. I just suddenly got a message from my classmate, Syran, that she was a candidate for presidency and I was like, "Why in the world wasn't I informed about the elections?". I was totally unaware that the filing of COC's was on that very day.

I was really, totally hurt. There were so many things that I didn't want to think about, yet they managed to squeeze their way into my conciousness. I thought that they never really wanted me to know about the elections because they just don't want me to be leading them, maybe because I can be too dumb sometimes. I was left with no choice and the best I did was cry my self to sleep that night. If you want to know the truth, I still cry whenever the thoughts of the shoulda-woulda-couldas of that doomed presidential dream crosses my tiny mind.

I consoled my self by doing something I always love to do -- dancing. I auditioned for Below Zero and of course I made it through. I don't know if it was just me or it was MACCS people who started giving me cold shoulders since I became an official BZ dancer. I would always tell Ms. Villavicencio how sarcastic those people seem whenever they smile at me or talk to me. She'd tell me I was just being paranoid and I know now I just really was.

When I was told I was to represent MACCS in the extemporaneous speech competition, I did not argued. I thought it could be a way of contributing something good for this org this year. I may not have been the victor, at least I know now that they never really turned their backs at me at all. To be honest with you, I feel really glad now because they started talking to me again. And they actually listen. It's really nice to know that they still consider the things I say about the many proposed org'shirt. It really makes me smile. At least I still have this opportunity to contribute something for good causes. Really, there is no need for me to be their president. I honestly think it's just a label. Because the truth is we all stand in the same ground, regardless of whatever category we happen to fall into. Each one of us has the voice to speak up, and each one of us has ears to lend those who wants to be heard. MACCS is where I really belong after all, I was vindicating them all along. Not because I did not become somebody, it have to mean that I am nobody. Because in MACCS, everybody is somebody. In this family, when you speak, you will be heard. Regardless of whatever your position may be in.

1 responses:

Anonymous said...

last few days our group held a similar talk about this topic and you point out something we have not covered yet, appreciate that.

- Laura